What's new

Queries about SP3- just about to buy 1

wynand32

I've grown accustomed to the Music app, but I do wish it was more full-featured in terms of things like generating radio stations from genre, etc. But, Microsoft's Xbox Music does have a great selection, probably second only to iTunes (and much better than Google Music, in my opinion). I do subscribe to Music Pass, but wish discoverability were a bit better...

Import should work fine, and if you subscribe it will match your songs and make them (or whichever of them are in Microsoft's portfolio) available on all of your machines (if you don't subscribe, your music will still be available on all of your Win 8.1/Win RT machines). It's not a music locker like Google Music, however, which will upload all of your songs and make them available regardless of whether they're in Google's portfolio, but it's still pretty nifty.

OP
eknirb

eknirb

well, I like listening to some iTunes Radio---SkyFM BeBop Jazz and 1010Wins in particular. Now, I have all 12000 songs in Google Music- so I should be able to stream them easily, yes?

wynand32

well, I like listening to some iTunes Radio---SkyFM BeBop Jazz and 1010Wins in particular. Now, I have all 12000 songs in Google Music- so I should be able to stream them easily, yes?

I use outcoldplayer from the Windows Store to access my Google Music account. Works fine, and supports All Access if you have that. Or, you can access Google Music directly from the browser.