What's new

Quick tip for using the Surface as a LAPtop.

bryanhayn

I finally figured out the best way to place my Surface (with keyboard) on my lap for use as a laptop. Instead of placing it on my thighs, like I've been doing with all my previous laptops, I put it further away toward my knees so that the kickstand rests on the curve of my knees. This allows the screen to rotate further back - the screen now directly faces my face instead of my chest. The further back you rest the kickstand on your knees, the greater the angle of the screen. Just thought you guys would like to know this :D

OP
B

bryanhayn

UPDATE: After using my Surface this way for the last two days, I noticed it's periodically giving me little shocks when the kickstand is set on my bare, hairy knees/legs. It probably doesn't help that I live in Hawaii and it's kinda humid right now and I'm a bit sticky/sweaty. I may have to add a thin strip of electrical tape to the kickstand edge.

curney

ok...I thought this was kookie but I tried I like it. never would have thought of it. so its still not a laptop...its of a kneetop

magicrobots

Shocks from the kickstand is nutty though; is it just static electricity? I thought that was only when it was dry... if it's actually coming from the battery then that is crazytown.

EMINENT

Shocks from the kickstand is nutty though; is it just static electricity? I thought that was only when it was dry... if it's actually coming from the battery then that is crazytown.

I like flipping the touch cover under the stand and resting on my stomach.

Balanced, no hands, comfortable.:excited: