What's new

random screen/power

fraser_ian

Hi all. Loving this device but have had a bit of a scare already. Yesterday I was watching a film on Netflix and it seemed (even though I had 7 hours battery left) that the unit switched off and wouldn't turn back on. It did eventually. Today, each time I logged into my wifes account the same happened but noted that looking at the screen side on it was tinged blue - so it was on but screen off - if that makes sense. I contacted Microsoft and they told me to do 'a refresh' which I just did. Just want to trust it and hope it's a software glitch. This, I'm pleased to say has replaced a MacBook air as Apple's support was a similar experience to Ryanair. Sp2 is a fantastic experience, but I'm nervous its got gremlins anyone else had this?

oion

Hi all. Loving this device but have had a bit of a scare already. Yesterday I was watching a film on Netflix and it seemed (even though I had 7 hours battery left) that the unit switched off and wouldn't turn back on. It did eventually. Today, each time I logged into my wifes account the same happened but noted that looking at the screen side on it was tinged blue - so it was on but screen off - if that makes sense. I contacted Microsoft and they told me to do 'a refresh' which I just did. Just want to trust it and hope it's a software glitch. This, I'm pleased to say has replaced a MacBook air as Apple's support was a similar experience to Ryanair. Sp2 is a fantastic experience, but I'm nervous its got gremlins anyone else had this?

Well, the initial units may very well have gremlins, if you look around this forum at the various support questions asked. ;) I don't have specific advice for the SP2, but I expect MS will release frequent patches and firmware updates that will hopefully fix other issues for people. And MS support is rather reputable, judging by other users' experiences around here. If it turns out there's a hardware issue instead of a software issue, you should have no problems getting a fast and new replacement.