What's new

Re-ordering tiles on the Start Page

AJGLASS

This should be a no-brainer. Buy I can't figure out how to do it, other than simply abutting nearby half-sized tiles next to each other fill empty spaces.

Ideally, I'd like to put related apps in a common folder as one can do on an iPad. But, at a minimum, I don't want to leave them scattered in no special order other than the one in which they were downloaded from the store.

LSyracuse

Basically you just drag them where you want 'em. if pause between groups of tiles you can create a new group.

Also if you right-click on a tile (most of them anyway) you can make a double-size tile smaller and smaller-size tile double size. Or remove them from the start page completly.

I haven't had much luck trying to do it with the touchscreen. Do you have a cover or mouse, much easier that way IMHO...

n8tyfour

Hi ok I had the same problem. All you do is start dragging down. Don't hold the tile at all. Easier than you think. I have a wp and that's why I got confused.

swansonra

This should be a no-brainer. Buy I can't figure out how to do it, other than simply abutting nearby half-sized tiles next to each other fill empty spaces.

Ideally, I'd like to put related apps in a common folder as one can do on an iPad. But, at a minimum, I don't want to leave them scattered in no special order other than the one in which they were downloaded from the store.

http://winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-feature-focus-start-screen-144643