Really struggling with my Pro 2...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by Jeff T, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Jeff T

Jeff T New Member

Long story short, company bought us Pro 2's a few months ago. It wasn't til they were in our hands that they let us know our laptops would be obsoleted... That was a surprise as we had no input in that decision.

I'm in sales and on the road about 150 nights a year. I'm also 58 and you just might say a little stuck in my ways. My two biggest issues are:

1) Screen. Going from a 15.6" laptop the 10" Surface looks almost minute. Somehow I don't think anything will help here.

2) The keyboard. I tend to do 80%+ of my work with the laptop on my lap, or on the arm of a chair. With what I assume is the standard flimsy keyboard I don't see using it anywhere but on a desk or table.

I guess I'm more curious to see if anything can be done with the keyboard as I don't see how we can stretch the screen.

I appreciate the help.

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Jeff T

Jeff T New Member

Grey, Thanks for the note. Most I work with have bought a large monitor and a standard keyboard. Almost makes you wonder why they bought such a small device in the first place.

You're right, plenty of hotel time, usually surfing and watching TV!

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

If you give it some time you may adapt to the screen... although that partly depends on the work your doing also. I would have not expected it to work as well as it does and I mostly use the on screen keyboard.

5. DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo New Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    You might consider looking into a power cover of the type/touch keyboards available. Little more solid feel but the type cover has a descent feel to begin with. The power cover will also net a little more weight and can be had for around $100 new if you look and sometimes less for used.