What's new

really weird problem

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Replacing the single AAAA battery in the pen would be a good idea. It could be that the reason it repeatedly then stops working, then stops is not your palm, but a bad battery barely able to supply the right voltage.

The AAAA battery is one of the three batteries in the pen. Two lithium coin batteries are also used to operate the top button. It is unlikely that these are causing any problem.

The N-Trig Drivers can be found here. At the time of this writing, the drivers were updated 20 June 2014.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

surface_pro_3_pen_AAA_battery.png

surface_pro_3_pen_batteries.png

From Troubleshoot the Microsoft Surface Pen for Surface Pro 3.

Last edited:
OP
M

mr.dj26

Replacing the single AAA battery in the pen would be a good idea. It could be that the reason it repeatedly then stops working, then stops is not your palm, but a bad battery barely able to supply the right voltage.

The AAA battery is one of the three batteries in the pen. Two lithium coin batteries are also used to operate the top button. It is unlikely that these are causing any problem.

The N-Trig Drivers can be found here. At the time of this writing, the drivers were updated 20 June 2014.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

View attachment 2531

View attachment 2530
From Troubleshoot the Microsoft Surface Pen for Surface Pro 3.

I will replace the battery today and see if it gets fixed although I doubt it.
I tried the drivers but nothing has changed.

halk75

I had the same problem, and after trying all the above with no success, all I did was I just took out and reinsert the tip of the pen. After that my problem was solved. Good luck.

guymalloc

Are you using another bluetooth device? Might be interfering with the pen, I believe it's bluetooth on the Surface Pro 3.....

OP
M

mr.dj26

Even when I draw stright
I had the same problem, and after trying all the above with no success, all I did was I just took out and reinsert the tip of the pen. After that my problem was solved. Good luck.

nope, the problem got better after I formated the device but the problem is I dont know what happens when I plug in the power it just get messed up. even the eraser will erase and draw at the same line.

OP
M

mr.dj26

Are you using another bluetooth device? Might be interfering with the pen, I believe it's bluetooth on the Surface Pro 3.....
no im not using any other device and I believe the Bluetooth is only for the click button on the top.

Thank you all for the help, I think it's time to take this device back :(

OP
M

mr.dj26

I contacted the seller at amazon, he was very cooperative, i'm sending him the device back for a refund and i'll buy one when it becomes available in the UAE to avoid what happened.

Thank you all for you support.

RottenMutt

Update to the July service pack. I couldn't rest my hand on the screen in lite one note mode until the july Service pack, but the two pen buttons don't yet work in lite mode. Hit the unlock button in the upper left corner and everything will work as expected, now you are running in full one note mode.

OP
M

mr.dj26

Update to the July service pack. I couldn't rest my hand on the screen in lite one note mode until the july Service pack, but the two pen buttons don't yet work in lite mode. Hit the unlock button in the upper left corner and everything will work as expected, now you are running in full one note mode.

the problem is not with onenote lite or fulln and the problem exist on all app. The problem of occurs when I plug in the charge which I have no idea what happens to the device. I'll ship it back tomorrow and wait till future updates.
Thanks