What's new

really weird problem

OP
M

mr.dj26

Okay guys I didn't send the sp3 back(yet)

I'm super confused right now.

I'll quickly explain whats happening.

I live in the UAE, we use 220 watt/volt which ever it is.

When I connect the surface to the power cord in my room all the problems occur. When I connect it to the living room downstairs the problem rarly exists.
Im not an electric guys but I have realized that there is electric current in the corners of the sp3 which feels like tiny shocks. Is this normal or im the only one with this problem? When this happens there is a good chance that the sp3 will start to mess up .
I'm not sure but I think because of the electric current the sp3 detects my palm/hand as a pen input.

Now the big question is the the problem with the sp3 or the charger?

Please reply and help I got few more days to send this back but I have no idea if the problem will happen to the seller when he tries out the device for the refund. Please share your thoughts.
Thanks

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This probably sounds a bit crazy - but you may be experiencing electromagnetic interference from microwave communications. Are you near on in the line of sight of microwave towers, or too near a working microwave oven?

This crops up sometimes in coffee shops, restaurants, and lounges with continuous microwave use, and in apartments or homes near microwave towers.

Not only that, but the continuous signals of 2.4 GHz WiFi and cordless phones also can interfere, given certain geometries of surrounding walls, wiring, and framing.

I've got stories about such interference.

Do this: Take your SP3 out somewhere, and plug it in. See if you have the same problem.

drolem

Haha I wish I could and its not easy as you think so:confused:;)
Please describe the environment you're having this problem. What kind of table (metal, wood, plastic, etc.) and floor you have, for one. Are you in an industrial area, or in the vicinity of any high powered transmitter?

Can you take it to someplace else and still have this problem?

Can you put a ferrite or two over your charger cable and try it that way?

I'm talking about filters like:
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrite-CB-Radio-Filter-speaker/dp/B009U14CVI
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103222

OP
M

mr.dj26

This probably sounds a bit crazy - but you may be experiencing electromagnetic interference from microwave communications. Are you near on in the line of sight of microwave towers, or too near a working microwave oven?

This crops up sometimes in coffee shops, restaurants, and lounges with continuous microwave use, and in apartments or homes near microwave towers.

Not only that, but the continuous signals of 2.4 GHz WiFi and cordless phones also can interfere, given certain geometries of surrounding walls, wiring, and framing.

I've got stories about such interference.

Do this: Take your SP3 out somewhere, and plug it in. See if you have the same problem.

ahahah thank you for replying.

There are TWO(-.-) Radio towers just in front of my house, i'd estimate the distance to be less than 50 meters from my room and there are TWO routers in my room 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

I'll go to my collage and try it there, I think there are also radio towers near the collage but not as near as the one's outside:eek:

Last edited:
OP
M

mr.dj26

Please describe the environment you're having this problem. What kind of table (metal, wood, plastic, etc.) and floor you have, for one. Are you in an industrial area, or in the vicinity of any high powered transmitter?

Can you take it to someplace else and still have this problem?

Can you put a ferrite or two over your charger cable and try it that way?

I'm talking about filters like:
http://www.amazon.com/Ferrite-CB-Radio-Filter-speaker/dp/B009U14CVI
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103222

okay look I just found out if im carrying the device the problem is gone but when I put it on my bed specially in landscape mode it returns .

I'm living close to the city with two radio towers very close to me as I mentioned before. The problem 95% happens when im on my bed and the floor are tiles

OP
M

mr.dj26

OKAY GUYS :p

I did a small experiment just now, i stood on the tiles and the pointer was gone, I got my shoes which has rubber below and the point is back and working perfectly :D :D

we got a winner here :p so my only solution is to go and demolish the towers:p

Ill just go to collage and make sure

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Because of that electromagnetic radiation, you are simulateously GROWING and KILLING tumors. :eek:

Keep your shoes on, and don't go on any long holidays.

drolem

we got a winner here :p so my only solution is to go and demolish the towers:p
You should still try the ferrite chokes I suggested -- they may or may not work when a radio tower is *that* close, but it worth a try.

There are other options to deal with RF interference, but most of them are more costly and much more complicated.