What's new

Recall makes the Surface Pro 3 worthless

EHoskinson

Because MS itself states that power cords are eligible based on a purchase date prior to mid 2015. The trouble is that they are only approving original cords purchased with the Surface, which is crap. If someone purchased a power supply separately, and it is defective then it should apply. I'm looking forward to reading about that lawsuit.
I too purchased a 2nd power supply with my Surface Pro on the original order. I went through the recall process several weeks ago using the serial number on my Surface Pro. The replacement cord arrived a few days later. I then contacted Microsoft about a replacement cord for my 2nd power supply. They said they would check and get back to me. I'm still waiting to hear back on that. However, I simply went back through the recall process again and used the serial number for my Surface Pro a second time. The replacement cord (for my 2nd power supply) arrived yesterday. Apparently you can get a 2nd cord using the same serial number. At least it worked for me.

Chuck_IV

only got a short cable today, very upset, useless , what's difference?!

Look at the end that connects to the brick. It has an extra plastic sheathing around the edge of the plug, to protect from the cord separating.

That's all that is required. What else did you expect?

conan1600

I want more than this.
dude if you want a second charger buy one. i feel like Microsoft did a good thing even bothering to replace such old cords under a recall. all they needed to do was replace the defective part and that is what they did. And as far as defective goes i am not even sure of that. Everyone knows wires wear out so i would have understood if they just said "hey that's the breaks."