What's new

recovery on Surface3

after reinstalling windows on a surface 3, I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to 10. I clicked yes. Still there was only 8,1 reinstalled. No further sign after a week of windows 10. Any thoughts?

OP
R

Robert Pferdmenges

Thanks for answering. In the update windows there are the usual messages for 8.1. Nothing that points to 10. Actually I did the complete recovery starting from the upgraded 10 because I think I had a serious driver problem. Twice the system asked if I want to upgrade to 10, but twice I ended up correctly (it is a windows 8 machine) but stuck in 8.1.

leeshor

I'm not sure I totally follow, but you need all the 8.1 updates anyway. Then the Windows 10 update should appear in the updates screen.

OP
R

Robert Pferdmenges

Thanks for the input. I did all 8.1 updates. Still no sign of 10 in the update screen. Its ok for now.. I wanted to switch to Apple anyway... its so much straight forward..

OP
R

Robert Pferdmenges

I just reread my threat. I didn't mean to sound rude. I like windows 10 but I don't understand why things are sometimes so much more complicated than necessary. Thanks anyway aaaa lot for your very kind replies.. very much appreciated.. R.

malberttoo

Thanks for answering. In the update windows there are the usual messages for 8.1. Nothing that points to 10. Actually I did the complete recovery starting from the upgraded 10 because I think I had a serious driver problem. Twice the system asked if I want to upgrade to 10, but twice I ended up correctly (it is a windows 8 machine) but stuck in 8.1.

If you're fully updated, then you can go here -http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It looks like it's for creating a USB installer, but it will also get the download going for you. Look about halfway down the page, "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool".