Regrettably, returning my second Surface Pro ...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by OnTheSurface, Feb 21, 2013.

1. OnTheSurface

OnTheSurface New Member

I had to return my first Surface Pro due to it having a clump, maybe 10 in total, of dead pixels in the center of the screen. Unbelievably annoying, obviously.

I was able to get my hands on another one a few days later, but I will be returning this one as well. I can understand some manufacturing flaws, some oversight regarding QC, but I think I am going to sit this one out for a while. After performing a full calibration on the Pro, I decided to test it for movies, low-light watching, and photo editing. Unfortunately, my unit is riddled with unbelievably noticeable light leaking along the whole bottom, and left side of the display. It's obviously more noticeable in low-light, high brightness situations, or watching movies in the dark ... but it's really bad.

Perhaps Microsoft will get better with the QC, or perhaps they are letting it go in order to the demand? I don't know. But I am going to be returning my unit and waiting until things pan out a bit better, or perhaps look at something else.

2. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator

My Device:
    RT
    Bummer, sorry to hear.

3. hifilistener

hifilistener New Member

I've noticed a lot of light leaking as well. I think its honestly a product of the product..

Sorry to hear your dissatisfaction.