What's new

Remote Display Turns Off but Won't Turn Back On

nupe494

I've searched the forums and found no answer for this and decided to post.

Typically when I'm at my desk, I plug my SP2 in to my monitor using the MS VGA adapter. I have my power settings for the display to turn off after 10 min of inactivity. When it turns off while being connected to the monitor, on some occasion moving the mouse or typing on the keyboard has no affect to drive it back on. I have to unplug the adapter from the SP2 and plug it back in to get the video to display. While this is happening (before I unplug the VGA adapter), the display on the SP2 is also blank. Any suggestions on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated.

OP
N

nupe494

Yes, I touched the windows softkey and it does vibrate, however, the display(s) remain blank (no video).

Yes, I tapped the power button with the same results as above.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you altered the wireless network card in Device Manager to not allow the computer to put the device to sleep to save power via the Power Management tab on the card?
  1. Open Device Manager from the Control Panel or however you normally open it
  2. Expand Network Adapters and double click Marvell Avastar 350N
  3. Choose the Power Management tab and make sure the checkbox is checked for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
Ref http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-standby/f2cd1aa6-fc78-4ecb-9039-d811137de234