What's new

Remove Account from Mail App

darkwolf

Hey there,

I feel a bit stupid right now.
I am trying to remove an email account from my mail app. (Windows 8.1).
Normally you would open accounts, select the account in question, scroll down and hit Remove account. Easy, right?

Unless you can no longer connect to the account in question. Its an old business account from a project I was working on. I have no longer access to said account (google account) and can no longer connect to it.
So if I now try to remove the account, well then I can't?
I open accounts, click on the account in question to remove it and what happens? It tries to connect, which I no longer can. Therefore, I can never navigate to the remove account option. Duh.

How can I remove it? Keeping my finger on it to hope for a popup does nothing either.

Is this a massive design flaw? Or am I blind?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I removed an Exchange Account from a Project that I no longer had access too without issue, sounds like Google's edge server are sending a NACK to the Mail Client. Are you able to see other Google Properties from the machine or do you have other Google Credentials CACHED on your machine?

OP
darkwolf

darkwolf

I've got 3 Google accounts and a few others. I can open the account details of the other 2 just fine.
The mail app tries to connect to the Google account the moment I select it from the accounts list. Because that fails (because the account has been discontinued after the project ended), I never get to see the account details and never can remove it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
How long are you waiting for it to time out? Disconnect from the internet and attempt to remove it offline.

OP
darkwolf

darkwolf

Going offline worked, I never even thought of trying that. :) Many thanks for that!

As much as I like the new mail app, that's a serious design flaw that could easily have been solved more gracefully.

In any way, thanks for the help.