What's new

Replacement onscreen keyboard

Billy64

+1
Would appreciate have a predictive "Swiftkey Android" like keyboard on Windows 8.1...

And if added good integrated vocal recognition better ;-)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1
Would appreciate have a predictive "Swiftkey Android" like keyboard on Windows 8.1...

And if added good integrated vocal recognition better ;-)
I have serious doubts about the widespread use of voice. there are so many settings were its just not appropriate. sight recognition is a natural follow on/addition to predictive text and doesn't have the real world practical limitations of voice.

bluegrass

I think our society has gone crazy. It's bad enough to be out in public places like restaurants & everyone typing on their phones or computers instead of being social with each other. Can you imagine what it would be like if most everybody sitting in a restaurant was talking to their computers and phones. Hmm. I guess in the olden days, it was common to talk to your phone. Just not done much anymore.

Billy64

;-) if I'd like to have voice recognition of course it's not to talk to my computer at restaurant nor in the bus, what has it to do with my suggestion?. On my Android phone I use the voice recognition only at home when I am alone, or when people that are with me has something to do with what I 'm doing.
About the predictive text (SwiftKey like) I suppose you never used it because when you try once there is no way back on sensitive keyboard.
Of course this will never replace the good old physical keyboard what I want is only an added

Liam2349

Anyone heard of Minuum? http://minuum.com/

I use it all the time on my Note 3 to maximize screen space. At first sight, you may be sceptical of this app, but it works amazingly well. If you have Android or iOS, download the trial and see for yourself. It would be nice if this were available for Windows. Perhaps some day..