What's new

Replacement pen in India

JBCF

Ok, it had to happen and it's my own d@mn fault. Lost the pen for my Surface Book going through security at the Delhi airport. I told myself to get a replacement to carry around but of course I didn't.
India is a little off my normal beat and I'm only here for a few days but need a pen pronto. Anybody have any ideas about the best way to get a replacement, even a temporary one? Would a pen for a Surface 3 work?
Suggestions appreciated. Comments on my stupidity for not carrying a spare would be absolutely justified but take pity on me....

leeshor

Pretty much any pen even intended for a phone or Android tablet will work just not with the same functionality. It would do slightly better than nothing.

OP
J

JBCF

Ok, let me try and refine my question a little. I know I can grab any old pen or stylus and do exactly what I can do with my fingers but would a Surface 3 pen do somewhat better than "slightly better than nothing". Has anybody tried?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Surface pro 3 pen would have similar functionality but less pressure sensitivity levels (I think though some of that may be the optical stack difference between surface book and pro 4 and the pro 3). Still had erase and select functions.

OP
J

JBCF

Thanks Moonsurface. Sounds like the "3 pen" should make an excellent stopgap while I get a replacement "4 pen" (make that a couple of replacements) shipped over to me ...