What's new

Solved Replacement SP2 won't recognize Surface Arc Mouse

retcgav8r

The internal C: drive on my SP2 died last Sunday and I now have a replacement. In setting up, I'm unable to get the computer to recognize my Surface Arc Mouse. Control Panel says the Bluetooth hardware is operating properly. Is there some method of getting the two to communicate?

malberttoo

The internal C: drive on my SP2 died last Sunday and I now have a replacement. In setting up, I'm unable to get the computer to recognize my Surface Arc Mouse. Control Panel says the Bluetooth hardware is operating properly. Is there some method of getting the two to communicate?

Can you connect any other Bluetooth devices to your Surface?

New2ToMe

Did you install the driver software? It seems to be separate from the normal Update functions. I just installed a BT "microsoft sculp comfort mouse" and for a few mornings had a notification about "finish installing drivers." I eventually clicked it and it used a "go.microsoft.com/fwlink/..." link to download it. I can't remember the full link but this is the file-name it downloaded.

MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_2.3.188.exe

See if you can locate it with a search. If not I can upload it to somewhere for you.

OP
R

retcgav8r

Did you install the driver software? It seems to be separate from the normal Update functions. I just installed a BT "microsoft sculp comfort mouse" and for a few mornings had a notification about "finish installing drivers." I eventually clicked it and it used a "go.microsoft.com/fwlink/..." link to download it. I can't remember the full link but this is the file-name it downloaded.

MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_2.3.188.exe

See if you can locate it with a search. If not I can upload it to somewhere for you.
I removed the mouse's batteries and reinstalled. It appears to be working properly--the blue tracking light and the green light on top both light up as advertised. Downloaded the recommended file and installed. The Mouse and Keyboard Center procedure results in "Bluetooth device not found," or words to that effect. Bluetooth is on and with the mouse also on, it is not found. Think I'll go to the Device Manager again and see what I can do about the Bluetooth device.

New2ToMe

Hope I am not telling you things you already know, but try...
Charms
Settings
Change PC Settings
PC and Devices
Bluetooth

Make sure that BT is turned on and see if it searches, as in, sliding dots just below the BT switch.

You need to find if it is the mouse or the Surface BT.

Is there any way you can test by pairing the mouse with another PC, phone or tablet?

OP
R

retcgav8r

On the MS SP2 support pages I found the answer. I needed to push the button on the bottom of the mouse for several seconds then go to the Bluetooth page in Settings and "pair" the mouse. Thanks to you all for your help.

leeshor

Good deal. Sometimes it's the obvious, simplest things we all forget to ask about. Marked solved.