What's new

RESOLVED Power issue for me. Still have wireless adapter issue though.

juans

I used the new info MS published about using powercfg. I ran the tool and received the below info.

powergraph.jpg

The last two lines are my power after I did my fix. I uninstalled several culprits. The report was showing that my sound driver was using most of the power. I removed SKYPE!!!!! After I removed Skype, my power usage during sleep was 1% like the last two lines show and my low power % was in the upper 90s. I hope this helps some of you. I'm going to reinstall Skype and see if not letting it run in the background helps fix the issue.

OP
J

juans

Some additional info. This is what my before and after detailed listing of power usage looked like.

powergraph2.jpg

powergraph3.jpg

Last edited:

greatg

I used the new info MS published about using powercfg. I ran the tool and received the below info.

View attachment 2364

The last two lines are my power after I did my fix. I uninstalled several culprits. The report was showing that my sound driver was using most of the power. I removed SKYPE!!!!! After I removed Skype, my power usage during sleep was 1% like the last two lines show and my low power % was in the upper 90s. I hope this helps some of you. I'm going to reinstall Skype and see if not letting it run in the background helps fix the issue.

Do you have a link to this article published by MS? So, you uninstalled Skype on MUI and sound drivers?

unruledboy

it looks like you are using virtual machine (virtualbox) and the host process seems to contribute to the big energy drain?