What's new

Returning my sp3:( The high DPI scaling is ruining my great experience with the sp3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikewired

I wanted my sp3 to do all of my computing needs. Internet browsing and light duty things are great but when I run my programs for programming home theater remotes and digital picture cataloging, the scaling of the screen is terrible. I have a i7 256, and it costs too much for these issues. Microsoft and other software vender need to get these scaling issues fixed! Their are nothing but high dpi machines coming our way. I will miss the sp3 for a daily carry. I am going back to a Macbook pro retina and may grab a sp3 i3 64 later for note taking and?

bluegrass

Sorry to here your story, but there are millions of us willing to put up with the problem until the applications get caught up with all the new high dpi devices. I guess Mike you're wired a little differently than those of us who have found ways to work around it until the OS & drivers get things scaling better.

OP
M

Mikewired

I really tried for more than 60 days! 4 sp3's and 5 keyboards. Best Buy allowed me to return the sp3 because they have had an onslaught of unhappy sp3 users. Got a new mac book pro and maybe ill try again later.

SamBB

all these unreliability stories have convinced me to not buy. I will go back to mac also, and will re evaluate in a year. I really wanted an sp3 for MS office. Sigh.

tat3406

I wanted my sp3 to do all of my computing needs. Internet browsing and light duty things are great but when I run my programs for programming home theater remotes and digital picture cataloging, the scaling of the screen is terrible. I have a i7 256, and it costs too much for these issues. Microsoft and other software vender need to get these scaling issues fixed! Their are nothing but high dpi machines coming our way. I will miss the sp3 for a daily carry. I am going back to a Macbook pro retina and may grab a sp3 i3 64 later for note taking and?

I have same feeling also, but I will find other alternative software or wait the developer upgrade the software.

OP
M

Mikewired

You can reduce the resolution but it won't fill the entire screen. I did this for a work around for a while but it got old switching resolutions back and forth!

Kif

all these unreliability stories have convinced me to not buy. I will go back to mac also, and will re evaluate in a year. I really wanted an sp3 for MS office. Sigh.

This isn't an unreliability story, this is complaint about scaling issues. Mac's have their own scaling issues. May I suggest you read this class action lawsuit regarding defective graphics cards on MacBook pro's before you cast judgment.
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/28/macbook-pro-2011-graphics-lawsuit/

leeshor

If I started a thread on all the unreliability stories for all the laptops and tablets out there now it would fill an entire a page just for the links.

The fact is that I am accumulating quite a number of customers with SP3s and not one has had any problem, with only exception and that was solved with a refresh of the WiFi driver.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That sir is why people get paid to post negative stories on the Internet. You have to learn to take Internet stories with a grain of salt and do your own homework to arrive at a sensible conclusion. It is very dangerous to outsource your thinking. They count on people running for the hills every time they toss a turd in the sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.