What's new

Returning my sp3:( The high DPI scaling is ruining my great experience with the sp3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kif

There's isn't a popular technology item that doesn't have hordes of positive and negative stories posted about them on the internet. Some dork made a video of him breaking an iPhone 6s in half and got millions of hits on his website. The only items that don't have lots of negative stories are the ones that no one cares about.

mitchellvii

Whenever I read one of these, "Surface Pro 3 sucks no matter what I try so I'm going back to Mac!" threads it's like reading a "I've voted Republican all my life but I'm voting for Obama!" stories.

In other words, I'm not buying it for a second.

Kris

That sir is why people get paid to post negative stories on the Internet. You have to learn to take Internet stories with a grain of salt and do your own homework to arrive at a sensible conclusion. It is very dangerous to outsource your thinking. They count on people running for the hills every time they toss a turd in the sandbox.
Not every negative post is a paid for. I love the SP3 but on my 6th one and trying to return it. I spent 30 minutes today trying to get it to stay connected to WiFi. Funny as hell as I am writing this post, I looked down and I lost connectivity again. I have tried everything this forum has to offer on fixing the issue and nothing works, does the same on any other network I try to connect to. Been told I am too picky but when I am sitting next to 3 other people in the house and they are having zero issues staying connected using their phones, tablets, and laptops it gets frustrating.
took another 5 minutes to reconnect so I could actually post this. The SP3 line has some major issues...

kundas1

Funny how the rest of us are connecting to WiFi's all over the place with ZERO problems! Sorry but I find it hard to believe you've had 6 SP3 with WiFi problems? Or are these all different problems? something sounds seriously fishy or you must be the unluckiest person alive and I suggest you stay inside your house! LOL

Kris

3 with other issues and now 3 with WiFi issues. What would I gain from lying about this? At one point I upgraded from the I5/256 to the I7/256 because I saw great potential in this product. What is it with people on this forum and them down playing or even mocking those that have had multiple issues with this product. I have not advertised any other products just the opposite I have told people to keep trying because the SP3 is a great product, when it works... I do have horrible luck when it comes to getting electronics that work but it has never been this bad.

kundas1

Its not about mocking anyone one, BUT cmooon! 6 units? Really? it sounds too far fetched to me, as I have been working in the electronics business industries for over 10 years and in many different manufacturers and have never come across this EVER... and don't get me wrong I'm not saying your lying either but something doesn't sound right to me.. sorry if that offends you but that's how I feel and I'm not here to offend anyone but I call it as I see it...

OP
M

Mikewired

I never said sp3 sucked. I liked it and have contemplated buying a a sp3 i3 64. I returned my i7 because for the money spent it could not be a do all machine for me.

kundas1

Nobody said you did, but blaming the SP3 isn't exactly fair or correct, sounds like these programs that you tried using is the blame for the SP3 not working out for ya, and your post doesn't fairly reflect this...

Kris

Its not about mocking anyone one, BUT cmooon! 6 units? Really? it sounds too far fetched to me, as I have been working in the electronics business industries for over 10 years and in many different manufacturers and have never come across this EVER... and don't get me wrong I'm not saying your lying either but something doesn't sound right to me.. sorry if that offends you but that's how I feel and I'm not here to offend anyone but I call it as I see it...
Just the other day I read on these forums about someone that is on their 7th SP3, I read these forums and many others everyday and going through multiple defective units is not that uncommon. Last MS rep I talked to admitted that the WiFi bug is plaguing the SP3 line and they are getting tons of returns on them just because of that one issue. The Tech told me that she spends most of her day trouble shooting connectivity issues. I am very happy and very jealous that you got a unit that works with no issues. But unlike you I have rotten luck and again lost connectivity while typing this out and had to reload WiFi a few times to get it to reconnect. It may be hard for you to believe but there are tons of people out there having all kinds of issues with the SP3 line. I read at least a dozen or more posts daily about people returning multiple SP3s, on the bright side most of them are willing to buy another one, like I said it's a great product when it works.

SamBB

wow.
Just the other day I read on these forums about someone that is on their 7th SP3, I read these forums and many others everyday and going through multiple defective units is not that uncommon. Last MS rep I talked to admitted that the WiFi bug is plaguing the SP3 line and they are getting tons of returns on them just because of that one issue. The Tech told me that she spends most of her day trouble shooting connectivity issues. I am very happy and very jealous that you got a unit that works with no issues. But unlike you I have rotten luck and again lost connectivity while typing this out and had to reload WiFi a few times to get it to reconnect. It may be hard for you to believe but there are tons of people out there having all kinds of issues with the SP3 line. I read at least a dozen or more posts daily about people returning multiple SP3s, on the bright side most of them are willing to buy another one, like I said it's a great product when it works.

unfortunate

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kris lives under the proverbial black cloud, some people are unfortunate that way. I think there's a point when you should give up because doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is not wise. Time to move on. Perhaps it should even be a policy, after x returns... no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.