right click button & pen tip not working on new surface pen

Discussion in 'Surface Pro 2017' started by snaapdragon, Mar 30, 2018.

1. snaapdragon

snaapdragon New Member

My Device:
    Other
    I got a new 2017 surface pro and pen in January of this year. The pen worked great until February, when the right click button and pen tip stopped working. It also doesn't register when hovering or pressing down. The top button/eraser works, it is connected to bluetooth, and I'm pretty sure the pen tip is seated correctly. I've tried every troubleshooting guide and tool I could find, but nothing has worked so far. If anybody has any advice on how to proceed, it would be much appreciated, thank you!

evandene likes this.
  2. dunsky

dunsky New Member

My Device:
    SPro
    reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

3. evandene

evandene New Member

My Device:
    SPro
    Same story here,
    Downloaded latest firmware, deleted pen out of paired devices and paired again, checked if pen and Windows Ink setting was calling out the buttons near de pen tip but clearly Microsoft is avoiding any outcome there. I think I have thrown 100 Euro's through the garbage.

4. evandene

evandene New Member

My Device:
    SPro
    Interesting but most of us are dummies. can you please describe how to? Plus it looks to me that REG_DWORD is typical 32bit but surface pro is 64 bit, right?