What's new

Router for SP3

clrk9000

Please list what router you are using and whether or not you experience WIFI Limited.

Linksys EA4500 --- Wifi Limited at both 2.4G and 5G
Dlink 506L (no 5G)--- Wifi Limited at 2.4G
Dlink 506L on repeater mode --- Wifi is perfect, no problem connecting on wakeup.

Thanks.

note: setting power options to Max Performance seemingly solved the Wifi Limited issue.

Last edited:

ctitanic

Asus RT-N56U
2.5G without any problems besides the fact that this router has a poor range.
5G limited

Last edited:
OP
C

clrk9000

if tomorrow's firmware update does not solve this WIFI Limited, i will get a new netgear router. It appears that Netgear Router is more compatible with SP3 Wifi module.

Thanks Strollin and Roach for the info.

ps. i really like this SP3 despite its seeming incompatibility with Linksys routers.

Last edited:

scottysize

Apple AirPort Time capsule. No limited with it. I do experience the WiFi connection issue when on battery coming out of sleep mode, but that's a Microsoft issue, not a WiFi issue.

Caution... Apple Plug: It's the best WiFi router available. I've gone through Linksys, Netgears, and even the crappy DLinks. Nothing compares to the AirPort.

My opinion. Remember, I'm an Apple FanBoy with a Surface Pro 3.

joell85

ASUS N66U (Work) - 5g and 2.4g both work "most of the time". Switching from one to the other will always fix the limited issue for me.

Google Fiber Router (Home) - Exactly the same situation as the Asus.

OP
C

clrk9000

Apple AirPort Time capsule. No limited with it. I do experience the WiFi connection issue when on battery coming out of sleep mode, but that's a Microsoft issue, not a WiFi issue.

Caution... Apple Plug: It's the best WiFi router available. I've gone through Linksys, Netgears, and even the crappy DLinks. Nothing compares to the AirPort.

My opinion. Remember, I'm an Apple FanBoy with a Surface Pro 3.

I am not a fanboy though I am really fanatic about by Ipad and Imac. I am using Windows Machines for work due to specialized software. I love this SP3 for those times.

Back to router, do you experience wifi not connected properly (ie WIFI Limited) upon waking up with Airport?

July 16 hardware update seemingly fixed the WIFI Limited issue. HOWEVER, I am thinking still of upgrading to an AC router as I have several AC Wifi clients already.

And yes, this WIFI Limited is obviously a Microsoft issue as my other computers, equipment and gadgets can connect consistently and without issue. Only this SP3 is having problem with my Linksys EA4500. OVERALL, I love this SP3 for what it does but this is no IPAD really. Please don't send me to the gallows :).

RottenMutt

Caution... Apple Plug: It's the best WiFi router available. I've gone through Linksys, Netgears, and even the crappy DLinks. Nothing compares to the AirPort...
Then please buy mine then! I'm constantly needing to swap between 2.4 and 5 GHz to restore my lost internet access on all wireless laptops. The thing doesn't crash, but will not restart when hot!