[Rumor] New Leaked Info Again Suggests Surface Prices will be $600 and $1000

Discussion in 'Surface Forum Site News' started by dgstorm, Jun 22, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Supposedly, the above pic is leaked intel that confirms the pricing for the new Microsoft Surface Tablets. As you can see in the pic, the new prices seem to confirm earlier reports of $599 for the RT model and $999 for the Pro model. This is actually partially contrary to a report we just shared a couple days ago indicating that the Pro version would start at $799. Of course, nothing is truly confirmed until the device actually comes to market, and that won't likely happen until October. Between now and then, Microsoft might actually get smart and realize that they need to sell the RT version more competitively vs the iPad.

On a separate note, this fresh intel also seems to confirm that the first Surface devices will not come with an type of 3G/4G capabilities, but will instead be WiFi only.

Source: TheNextWeb

2. Ben_J_H

Ben_J_H New Member

This is way better than my xoom2 and I am more than willing to pay 600$

3. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator

My Device:
    RT
    This seems perfectly reasonable to me. I don't understand how anybody can reasonably expect them to be much cheaper or feel these aren't competitively priced with the iPad.

wifi only iPad $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB and $699 for 32GB ~= Surface RT $599 for 32GB and $699? for 64GB ~= Top of the line Android tablet prices

Surface 8 Pro has nothing comparable to it tablet wise having an Intel Core i5 processor and 64/128GB storage plus possible 4GB of RAM. You have to look at MB Air and Ultrabooks which are around $1,000 for those sorts of specs.

How is this anything but reasonable price wise?

1 person likes this.
  4. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    The single biggest sticking point for the RT will be apps. So far, all we know is Office (with no Outlook), and maybe a few items from the Store, but APKs will need to be written to run under Windows RT.

5. Ollie

Ollie New Member

A lot of apps are moving to the cloud as well so there will be other options.

6. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Administrator Staff Member

The win 8 pro may have a shot with corporate buyers. But the RT will have a tough climb against Android and Apple... JMO

7. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Totally agree. But even the Pro may be limited. If the programs are anywhere near the size of the normal Windows programs people are going to be really tight on SSD space in a big hurry unless they fork over cash for the larger memory. I know that many of my customers would run out of space with just a couple of the programs they run.

But running on an SSD it should be pretty quick.

8. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p New Member

Gosh... a thousand bucks for the pro. I'm pretty content with my tm2t for the time being. =P

9. MOFO

MOFO Member

Prices seem reasonable as long as Microsoft delivers the goods.