What's new

Sad Reality of Apple's Users

zhenya

This is a discussion forum, I know we have many Apple faithful who have begrudgingly adapted\adopted to the Surface Pro 3, but let's not attack someone who is participating in a Surface Enthusiast Forum, who is enthusiastic about using the device....

Frankly I'm surprised a thread like this is allowed in the main SP3 forum. It's completely off-topic.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

maybe what OP is tapping into is the xenophobia of so many Apple customers. the phablet is a case in point. iphonies derided the galaxy note as ridiculous (cf: Walt Mossberg's quip "like talking to a piece of toast") and defended to the death the 4" screen, but now they are giddy about their 6+ and how it is a "game changer". eyeroll-inducing
Exactly.

daniielrp

I think OP you're basic argument is a bit flawed, two dedicated devices can in many instances achieve a lot more than one 'all-in-one' device. I have an iPhone, but I wouldn't for a minute consider it good enough to replace my real camera. That is just one example of where two devices are better to have than one device that combines the functionality of both.

On topic - I have many times used my Surface 3 and iPad Mini at the same time:
  • Writing on the SP3 while using the iPad for watching media, having research or news feed open.
  • As a full second screen, it makes a much more portable second monitor than... a second monitor.
As you said, for you, the SP3 can do everything - but there is equally a lot it cannot do.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I think OP you're basic argument is a bit flawed, two dedicated devices can in many instances achieve a lot more than one 'all-in-one' device. I have an iPhone, but I wouldn't for a minute consider it good enough to replace my real camera. That is just one example of where two devices are better to have than one device that combines the functionality of both.

On topic - I have many times used my Surface 3 and iPad Mini at the same time:
  • Writing on the SP3 while using the iPad for watching media, having research or news feed open.
  • As a full second screen, it makes a much more portable second monitor than... a second monitor.
As you said, for you, the SP3 can do everything - but there is equally a lot it cannot do.
Tell me of anything that she (Robin Meade) needs to do that can't be done in a Surface Pro 3.