What's new

Samsung EVO Select 126g microsd for $44

bill-e

Received this card today and it looks to be genuine because the plastic is white. Ran an older version of CrystalDiskMark on it and it preformed very well, great for 44 bucks.

Amazon.com: Samsung 128GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM): Computers & Accessories

ScreenHunter_02%20May.%2004%2013.13.gif

MickeyLittle

Hate to be late with this for you but this may be of use to someone else. I spent $72 for these items and the great thing is that the adapter sits totally flush as this was made for the Surface Book. I don't know if the depth is the same on the Pro models or not but I can't stand having these cards sticking out half way!

Sketch (8).png

OP
B

bill-e

Mickey, not too late for me as I use this in my Galaxy Book which only has a microSD slot so I don't need the adapter.

As for the card itself, this is a UHS-3 card which is a bit faster than the UHS-1 Sandisk you referenced. What I also did not know about the Samsung EVO line is that these cards are waterproof, have a large operating temp range (-13 to +185F) and XRay proof. Maybe all cards are but Samsung is the only one I've seen advertise this.

I'm with you though, I hate anything sticking out of my devices...it's like an accident waiting to happen.

MickeyLittle

Good deal on your device having a micro SD card slot. I forgot the Pro line also has the same so this setup I posted is really only for the Surface Book.

But it sounds like you got quite the card.