What's new

SB does not wake from sleep

ChrisPanzer

I am having this same issue to. Not sure if there's a connection, but I noticed I always have Edge opened when it ocurrs. Anyone else?

Pretty disheartening when you have active work windows open and you're reluctant to simply close your SB and carry on for fear you may not be able to wake it up. Inexcusable.

Surface Book · i7 · 8GB RAM · 256GB SDD

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am having this same issue to. Not sure if there's a connection, but I noticed I always have Edge opened when it ocurrs. Anyone else?

Pretty disheartening when you have active work windows open and you're reluctant to simply close your SB and carry on for fear you may not be able to wake it up. Inexcusable.

Surface Book · i7 · 8GB RAM · 256GB SDD

I used to feel this was until I read the following article. I cannot blame Microsoft or Intel for the current issues with sleep, as Microsoft was actually looking out for the end user, and the Intel chip and the computer science involved blew up in Microsoft's face this time around. I hope, really hope that Microsoft will resolve this somewhat complex issue. Read the article if time permits, it was a real eye opener for me - I will just use hibernate until I read the "sleep" issue(s) has been resolved.

http://winsupersite.com/mobile-devices/microsoft-details-sleep-study-tool-windows

ChrisPanzer

Thanks, Mikeman, I will read it thoroughly.

I also just realized another issue. When disconnecting my SB from the Surface Dock, the touchscreen on the SB stops working, and you have to re-set it to make it activate again. Pressing sleep button, closing lid, nothing works to make the touch screen active again.

Oh well.