What's new

SB - Hard to take quick handwritten notes in one note with clipboard attached.

bjanssen

Ouch, that sucks dstrauss. It's clearly not a faulty SB if you've tried 3 already.

As I mentioned earlier, I have disconnected and reconnected hundreds of times (I do it all day) and never had it freeze or lock up. One thing that is clearly different with your setup is the dock, I do not have the dock. Maybe try disconnect/reconnect without the dock to see if that narrows down the issue? If you still have issues then it must be some piece of software you have installed that we don't. Best of luck tracking down the problem!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I use the dock directly connected to the Clipboard often.

Side note: Even though the clipboard is actually the "Surface Book", it becomes too easy to consider the keyboard as the computer. Sort of the same idea as the Surface and Surface Pro computers which came before it; The computer is NOT the keyboard cover!

dstrauss

I use the dock directly connected to the Clipboard often.

Side note: Even though the clipboard is actually the "Surface Book", it becomes too easy to consider the keyboard as the computer. Sort of the same idea as the Surface and Surface Pro computers which came before it; The computer is NOT the keyboard cover!

Well, unless you are willing to just plug in the clipboard only (where's the kickstand then), it is only logical you leave it attached to its base and connect the dock to it...n'est ce pas?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I plug clipboard to dock when in the office between meetings - and away from base. Also, I sometimes charge the clipboard with my SP3 charger.

OP
M

Mikewired

I believe an extension cable between the keyboard base and clipboard could be useful for road warriors. You could leave the base in a case with the cable coming out for longer handheld power.