What's new

SB2 Windows 10 issues

Yayatar

Hi everyone,
I picked up my sb2 10 days ago and I'm starting to experience weird issues with Win10:
1- C drive fills up for no obvious reason!!
2- My Sd card is no where to be found in the App settings and therefore I can't move apps to it. Yes it's detected by the system in disk management.
3- Night Mode is not functioning.

Any insights will be appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,
I picked up my sb2 10 days ago and I'm starting to experience weird issues with Win10:
1- C drive fills up for no obvious reason!!
2- My Sd card is no where to be found in the App settings and therefore I can't move apps to it. Yes it's detected by the system in disk management.
3- Night Mode is not functioning.

Any insights will be appreciated!

What have you installed on it? I have a 512GB running Insider Fast and have only used 200GB and that is with Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise installed, also have Office 365 Pro Plus, Project 2016 Professional and Visio 2016.

You can run disk cleanup from Settings - System - Storage, make sure all updates are installed - if none of that works reset it.

OP
Y

Yayatar

What have you installed on it? I have a 512GB running Insider Fast and have only used 200GB and that is with Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise installed, also have Office 365 Pro Plus, Project 2016 Professional and Visio 2016.

You can run disk cleanup from Settings - System - Storage, make sure all updates are installed - if none of that works reset it.
Thanks for the response,
I have 356 pro plus installed, and geoforce experience, and I didn't even install steam with AOE yet. I had this machine for 10 days, I have tried cleanup, reset it twice, deleted windows.old, changed save locations to my SD. But I still experience slight c drive storage loss! Problem is windows isn't letting me to move some larger apps to my SD as I was hoping to have the steam and Couple of games there! I have the 256 version with Windows complete. I think getting the 512 is a must for me so I might just wait for the next sb2 discount and try to take it back and see if Microsoft is willing to let me upgrade for a discounted price.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the response,
I have 356 pro plus installed, and geoforce experience, and I didn't even install steam with AOE yet. I had this machine for 10 days, I have tried cleanup, reset it twice, deleted windows.old, changed save locations to my SD. But I still experience slight c drive storage loss! Problem is windows isn't letting me to move some larger apps to my SD as I was hoping to have the steam and Couple of games there! I have the 256 version with Windows complete. I think getting the 512 is a must for me so I might just wait for the next sb2 discount and try to take it back and see if Microsoft is willing to let me upgrade for a discounted price.

I had 256GB Surface Pro and still only managed about the same 100GB of used space. How much space is being consumed?

OP
Y

Yayatar

I had 256GB Surface Pro and still only managed about the same 100GB of used space. How much space is being consumed?
I just checked I have 207 gb instead of 208 couple of hours ago, it's crazy as I haven't done or installed nothing!!

OP
Y

Yayatar

I just checked I have 207 gb instead of 208 couple of hours ago, it's crazy as I haven't done or installed nothing!!

Yeah, one hour after my last post and it's showing 206
4c1fedca741d0cbdf747eff09bdc9ccf.jpg

chekhonte

Any chance windows onedrive is pulling stuff from your other windows 10 computer(s) to you new computer? Mine keeps doing that. You can open up backed up folders and select which ones you want onedrive so save.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
True - If you are allowing offline access to OneDrive that will fill it up - I only do a few critical folders (they are big folders though ~23GB)

OP
Y

Yayatar

Thanks guys, I have adjusted OneDrive since day one. No other puters are hooked to it. In any case, I'm here to report that I got up this morning and it's showing 208!! Thing is driving me nuts! I'll save an event file and hit the Microsoft store Soo as I still have 20 days on my return period.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, I have adjusted OneDrive since day one. No other puters are hooked to it. In any case, I'm here to report that I got up this morning and it's showing 208!! Thing is driving me nuts! I'll save an event file and hit the Microsoft store Soo as I still have 20 days on my return period.

Under Settings - System - Storage - click on the C Drive...what does it show? (Below is mine)

upload_2017-12-24_14-30-1.png