What's new

SCCM 2012 R2 OSD Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Osceolakid

Have been testing for about a month used the September Update driver pack and had an issue with a recent shipment the Surface hung at a System Update during the build. The tech tried to shutdown and claimed he couldn't even with the 15 second suggestion I sent him from this site. I told him to let it power out. It did and I plugged in PS and hooked up the Ethernet Nic dongle and it picked up the rest of the task sequence and it ran successfully. I also checked for updates and the site wouldn't install to fully charged. I really would not want to update the driver package every month and I'm wondering if:

1.) The issue was the tech took out of box and maybe didn't charge the unit enough before dropping the image?
2.) The tech should totally charge the unit and dropped the updates on the OEM image before starting to OSD imaging?

Any recommendation truly appreciated here.

I'm an SCCM engineer for my enterprise and we had some growing pains with them. I would suggest making sure they are at least 50% charged, and double check the system time from the stock windows 8.1 it ships with. SCCM will not usually even PXE if the time is more than a couple minutes off. Another thing is try updating the initial firmware from windows update first, before you attempt the PXE and re-image.