What's new

Screen not sleeping at login screen.

Tortri

I came from an history of iphones\ipad's and so far I'm enjoy my SP3 i7. (I have a long history of using both windows and mac osx too)

I seem to have stumbled upon a glitch on mine. I tend to lay in my bed surfing the internet until I fall asleep except that the surface isn't going asleep. What it seems to be doing is on the screen where you swipe up to login, its on that screen but the screen will stay on, it won't turn off. My surface is plugged in and under power options sleep and turn off display is enabled when plugged in after a few minutes.

I'm thinking about doing a reset and reinstalling everything but I'm hoping maybe I missed a configuration of some sort.

Glad to have joined this forum and so far enjoy my surface pro 3. (even though my first boot of the device, at the WiFi screen the device crashed lol.)

-Curt

ctitanic

I have noticed that if you click the Sleep button the device goes to sleep but it's not locked. It gets locked only after certain time. Have not found how many minutes yet. is that what you are saying?

OP
Tortri

Tortri

I tend to fall asleep while surfing the internet, when I wake up instead of my surface screen off, its on the swipe up to login screen and the screen is on.

So it appears to be going to the swipe to login screen but not turning off the screen after X amount of minutes.

ctitanic

I tend to fall asleep while surfing the internet, when I wake up instead of my surface screen off, its on the swipe up to login screen and the screen is on.

So it appears to be going to the swipe to login screen but not turning off the screen after X amount of minutes.
Do yon have if connected to power?
BTW, Welcome aboard!

OP
Tortri

Tortri

Yep,

Thanks I'm enjoying my SP3 so far. I haven't gone back to my iPad Air for anything yet. I'm still trying to get a feel for how I want things setup. (apps, icons, etc.)

Last edited:

ctitanic

BTW, Welcome aboard!
Well, that's probably why. In my case I have it to never go off or lock the screen when connected to power.

Capture.JPG

OP
Tortri

Tortri

Screenshot (3).png

That's what I'm saying :) It is enabled to turn off after X amount of minutes. (10 in this case) but its not turning off at all.

OP
Tortri

Tortri

I restored plans to the defaults, maybe I had a corrupted config file somewhere. I'll test later today.

OP
Tortri

Tortri

IMG_0198.JPG

Nope, didn't work. I left it plugged in on internet explorer metro and unused for 15 minutes. (power options, screen off, plugged in set at 10 minutes.).

same result.