What's new

screen problem at the left corner. Hardware or Software ?

Stephan

Sans titre.jpg Hi all,

Sometimes, I put my SP3 on sleep and it reboot hitself..

And weirdly, when it happened my screen on the left corner doesn't work anymore. I can't select anything with my finger in this zone. (I can with the mouse).
If I reboot again my SP3, the screen works correctly again.

Anyone with the same problem ?

Do you know if it's an hardware problem (won't like that as it means SP3 replacement) or software problem (so I just haveto wait for an update) ?

Thank you for your answer,

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unknown. Try doing a Refresh. If that doesn't clear it up get er replaced. Unless you want to live with it for now... did you get the extended warranty???

OP
S

Stephan

When you said "refresh" you mean erase everything (factory setting) ?

I didn't take the extended warranty. I bought the SP3 in USA and I live in New Caledonia...
Getting a replacement will be complicated I think....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you said "refresh" you mean erase everything (factory setting) ?

I didn't take the extended warranty. I bought the SP3 in USA and I live in New Caledonia...
Getting a replacement will be complicated I think....
Under Recovery there are two options. Reset - Remove everything and reinstall Windows. Refresh your PC without affecting your files. Use the Refresh option, it will not remove your files, it does reinstall windows, and pseudo reinstalls Store Apps (you will see them and they get installed on first use) Desktop apps do not get reinstalled bit it leaved a list of those apps on the desktop. your settings will be restored also.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Did you calibrate touch through the Tablet PC Control Panel? If so reset and see if it works...

Kris

I had the same issue, I tried everything that everyone is mentioning and I could not prevent it from happening. I ended up returning it.

OP
S

Stephan

damn...
I really don't want to return it (I think it is complex to return it from New Caledonia to USA..)
But if the problem is still here, I will have to...

I'll try those things. I'll let you know.

Thx everyone !