Screen Protector, or no screen protector, that is the question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Accessories' started by gtmead09, Jan 9, 2016.

1. gtmead09

gtmead09 Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Think the title says it all......... thoughts? Mine is home use with some very mild travel. I have the type keyboard which I always leave on it.

2. revmike

revmike Active Member

Screen protectors are in-expense insurance, I have them on all of my screen devices and they have never interfered with the color of the screen or the use of a stylus or finger. I read where a surface owner had the type keyboard scratch his unprotected screen, by some piece of grit, so it's all up to your choice to SP or not to SP.

3. Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved Active Member

There are a few types of people. Those who believe that you SHOULDN'T put on a screen protector because it'll interfere with the colors, or pen. Others, like myself, who don't see any REAL negative effects. I only see pros. I, for example, would lose it if I had a scratch on the screen and had to look at it for 2-3 years with a scratch down the middle of the screen. On the body, or back I don't mind... but the screen is the most important part for me! So, I'd say go for it. They're cheap, and they work. :)

4. barry.pearson

barry.pearson New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Personally, I'm not a fan of screen protectors. While I don't think they interfere with colours too much, I find that when using the stylus they're certainly not ideal. At best I find they add too much resistance and potentially wear down your pen nib much faster than usual, at worse I end up with notes etched into the screen protector that can be seen under various lighting conditions.

I typically carry my Surface around with the type cover, inside a soft case, inside a padded compartment in my rucksack. So I find that I usually can get away without marking the screen. However my original Surface Pro did end up with some very minor scratches on the screen by the time I'd finished with it.

5. jtcb

jtcb Member

My Device:
    None
    I am also looking for some type of screen protector, either the plastic type or tempered glass. Any good ones currently available out there?

6. radji

radji New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Normally I use screen protectors. But since I will always carry my SP4 with it's Type Cover and in a padded ultrabook sleeve, I am not worried all that much about damaging the screen. I'm pretty obsessive about keeping the touchscreen in good condition as well (clean it once a week, don't pile stuff on top of the screen, etc.).