What's new

Screen protectors for SP3?

ipaq_101

I went to Amazon's website to purchase them but noticed that shipping was $8. That's a lot of money to ship screen protectors. Shipping was almost as much as the screen protectors themselves.
After searching online, I cam across their website and noticed that it was a lot cheaper.
They are $6.99 for 2, rather than $9.99 for 2 on Amazon. Shipping on their website is $2.95, rather than $8.00 on Amazon.

http://www.illumishieldstore.com/iLLumiShield-Surface-Pro-3-Parent-BL-AG-HD/dp/B00L2MY1TG?childAsin=B00KI2BD1U&field_availability=-1&field_browse=6524514011&field_keywords=surface pro 3&id=iLLumiShield Surface Pro 3-Parent-BL-AG-HD&ie=UTF8&refinementHistory=brandtextbin,subjectbin,color_map,price,size_name&searchKeywords=surface pro 3&searchNodeID=6524514011&searchPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

I got it from Amazon via the seller TalkieTech, select the first option (HD screen protector), $9.95 with free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-Microsoft-Anti-Bubble-Anti-Fingerprint-Replacement/dp/B00KI2BD1U

Bert Harbinson

Any specific antiglare brands you recommend? I just got a nice neoprene case but also want to add screen protection too.

Thanks!

The screen is tough, it doesn't need "protecting". A 'protector' will get just as dirty just as quick as the screen will, and will get damaged a lot quicker too. (Isn't that like putting a plastic sheet on your car's windshield to 'protect' it?)

That said, you might want to get a anti-glare screen protector. I have no problems with glare indoors, but you might want one if your planning on using yours outdoors much.

cdf3

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    134.8 KB · Views: 518

cdf3

I use the one below, can't tell its even on the screen and it behaves well with the pen. the other one I have tried the Xtremeguard HD PET protector and it's pure HD garbage, the cutouts are off on every piece and their pet film protector messes up your nib on the pen:

Make sure to order the normal one, the bad reviews are for the matte and blue tint ones, I stand by it as it's on my unit now:

http://www.amazon.com/iLLumiShield-Microsoft-Anti-Bubble-Anti-Fingerprint-Replacement/dp/B00KI2BD1U/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1404739144&sr=1-2&keywords=surface pro 3 screen protector

You are right about the Xtremeguard HD screen protector. It's garbage just like you said. I couldn't get the cutouts to lay down flush, and it took nearly 10 minutes to get all of the bubbles out during installation.When I decided to remove the Xtremegaurd screen protector, it left a glue residue all over my screen. I thought I was screwed. It took nearly 15 minutes to get all of that junk off my screen.
The iLLumiShield screen protector you suggested arrived today, and installation was a breeze. All of the cut-outs are precise. I can't even tell I have a screen protector on.

ipaq_101

You are right about the Xtremeguard HD screen protector. It's garbage just like you said. I couldn't get the cutouts to lay down flush, and it took nearly 10 minutes to get all of the bubbles out during installation.When I decided to remove the Xtremegaurd screen protector, it left a glue residue all over my screen. I thought I was screwed. It took nearly 15 minutes to get all of that junk off my screen.
The iLLumiShield screen protector you suggested arrived today, and installation was a breeze. All of the cut-outs are precise. I can't even tell I have a screen protector on.

Yeah they are so much better. By the way, you will notice minor air bubbles/scratches when you write with the pen, (when the screen is off), but they always disappear in a few minutes.

lcavada

I have tried the ZAGG invisible shield as sold at Best Buy $40. Once applied the screen went crazy.....almost as though the screen was being pressed in multiple places at one time. It would bounce around and would not allow me to use SP3.

I also tried ArmorSuit Military shield as sold on Amazon $12.95. This protector is sold as HD, very clear. It is NOT. The screen became a bit darker and very grainy. It was difficult to touch/actuate any items on the screen as the protector seems to be too thick.

Any other suggestion of protectors that work?

bulls96

Shootout for the IllumiShield clear skin protector. Its fantastic you can't tell its on. Thanks to those who suggested it.

Its so good that I bought one for my Lumia Icon!

ipaq_101

Shootout for the IllumiShield clear skin protector. Its fantastic you can't tell its on. Thanks to those who suggested it.

Its so good that I bought one for my Lumia Icon!

Glad to help out, wasted $10 bucks on Xtremeguard Crap, sometimes you have to wonder why something is that cheap.

IlumiShield, have had it on for nearly 3 weeks with no signs of wear.

With IllmiShield and Stickerboy, I am protected from scratches all over.

pcreyn319

Do you have issue with the pen with the illumishield on?

trust me, I have the illumnishield on, can't tell its on. I tried to take picture but its hard to tell.

btw it's a dry install and I managed to get it on with no dust, need a little steam in the bathroom and scotch tape, works great.
to

pcreyn319

I installed the Iluumishield. Can't tell it's on. There is quite a bit more friction when writing, and I've noticed the pen tip has started to wear. Other than that, it's great.