What's new

Screen Response / Screen Protector

gtmead09

I have a Skinomi screen protector on my Surface Pro 4 i5. I am getting a really strange issue that in the top right corner (horizontal) around the minimize area that its like it is stuck. I went to calibrate the screen, but because of this it doesn't seem to want to calibrate fine. The pen works and keyboard seems to work. But the min I start to use my finger it goes all goofy and things minimize without my interaction. I tried also cleaning the screen protector and that didn't help.

Next step was to remove the screen protector, but since that is a waste of $10 I wanted to get input from the community before I did. Any other suggestions?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Does a very light touch with the finger also cause this problem? Trying to eliminate that screen pressure causes your trouble...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
There may be some electrically-conductive debris on the screen or under the protector, such as a microsocopic metal shaving, or thread, etc.

I would go ahead and remove the protector from the glass.
If this does not work, then it is "Reset" time.

Let us know.

OP
G

gtmead09

So I took glasses cleaner that is anti glare compatible and cleaned the screen with a cloth. I did not take the screen protector off. So far so good. I am not sure if finger grease was causing it, but it seems to helped so far.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent.

I have seen people poke their screens whilst eating very salty foods with their fingers, like nacho chips. Very salty moisture on the screen can cause undesirable effects.

OP
G

gtmead09

So latest update. It worked for a while but what I noticed is when I used the power button and woke it up again, the issue came back. Took the screen protector off, no better results. Called MS, we tried to do a reset on the tablet and it failed upon doing the reset. Long story short, new tablet is on its way to me.

Sigh, I hate reloading stuff......