What's new

Screensaver?

wimpytx93

I am in a strange predicament. My girlfriend just bought me a monitor that I am currently hooking up to my Surface RT (1st gen) to use as an on a whim desktop. The strange thing is if the surface goes to sleep the monitor turns itself off, this is understandable, however; when the surface is woken back up the monitor fails to reestablish a connection UNTIL I power cycle the monitor (unplug/replug. Only pressing on/off button does not work). So i have set my power settings on my surface to always stay on when connected to a power supply, that way the monitor always has a connection and I don't have to unplug and replug it. My question now is, the surface was not really meant to be used in this way and I cant find an option for a screensaver, it seems to haven been removed, is there anyway to reenable that function so I don't have to worry about screen burn in? There are some options in the store that allow me to basically launch an app that acts as a screensaver but it is a little to clumsy for my liking and I would prefer a system level method of this functionality.

Thanks