What's new

Scrolling issues

Anybody notice how terrible scrolling is when using modern ie or desktop ie. It is sluggish. I owned a surface 2 and scrolling was alot smoother. *scrolling with fingers. I have i3 version of surface pro 3.

Liam2349

Anybody notice how terrible scrolling is when using modern ie or desktop ie. It is sluggish. I owned a surface 2 and scrolling was alot smoother. *scrolling with fingers. I have i3 version of surface pro 3.

Scrolling is fine on mine. I5/256 but surely scrolling should be fine with i3?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check to see if you have processes consuming CPU resources. a number of different situations have arisen and a few since the August updates. You might need to Refresh.

malberttoo

You should probably ask if some else is having your issue, before assuming that every one does have it. :)

Scrolling is buttery-smooth on my SP3.

kristalsoldier

Yeps...mine is very smooth too. I am usually on MUI IE and only sometimes on desktop IE - but in both instances it is very smooth.

wynand32

I was just commenting the other day about how bad scrolling on my iPad 3 became since installing iOS 7 on it, and how much smoother the SP3 is. Night and day difference.

OP
T

thejoker1993

Well scrolling is smooth using the keyboard and touchpad, but its less smooth when using fingers to scroll up and down on a page.

raqball

My SP3 scrolls very smooth with keyboard and touch.

Maybe you have something causing the issue or a bad unit?

bluegrass

I tried both giving it my finger and using the keypad with MUI IE 11 and they were both as smooth as coca butter. Do you place your finger in the middle and just slide it up and down? When you say sluggish, does the scrolling lag behind your finger movement?