What's new

Scrolling issues

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see sluggish scrolling at all. in fact you can flick a page and it just scrolls and scrolls for miles and miles.

wynand32

Just thought I'd toss in a quick update on my iPad 3--scrolling has gotten worse with iOS 8. So, that's not a fix. My SP3 remains a much, much smoother machine in terms of UI responsiveness.

Zulan

I have an iPad3 with iOS 8 as well and I cant agree with you. Eventhough scrolling is quite good using IE 11 on the SP3.

m0v1em4n

Anybody notice how terrible scrolling is when using modern ie or desktop ie. It is sluggish. I owned a surface 2 and scrolling was alot smoother. *scrolling with fingers. I have i3 version of surface pro 3.

My track pad doesn't scroll very good, normal scrolling around the desktop seem ok, Its just seem to be the up and down scrolling action in IE, using SP3 i5.
On my MacBook I could flick the track pad and the browser page would travel load, but the SP3 track pad seem pants, in the browser any way, think this is partly due to the small area (top to bottom).
Scrolling using the screen is fine

Last edited:

ptrkhh

Do you, by any chance, set the display at 48Hz refresh rate? It would appear choppy when its right under your finger, while its not so apparent with a trackpad

spinachpie

Mine was really bad too using the trackpad. The trackpad is quite poor in general at recognising two finger scroll. You might also think it's sluggish because you need to change the number of lines per scroll - cant remember where it is in the settings but that improved things for me.

m0v1em4n

Mine was really bad too using the trackpad. The trackpad is quite poor in general at recognising two finger scroll. You might also think it's sluggish because you need to change the number of lines per scroll - cant remember where it is in the settings but that improved things for me.

Yes think you are right, What with the plastic texture and the short scroll area it does make for a great scroll device, don't get me wrong it does work but just not the best scrolling in the world :)
I did increased the number of lines to 40 ish but it didn't seem to make a difference, as for scrolling on screen with my finger that's is fine no problem with that at all