What's new

second screen cuts out

Richard Turner

I'm using the docking station with an LG 22EN33 monitor. It's connected via a mini-display-port to VGA (D-sub) connector. The connector works well with an older Samsung monitor and the LG model works well with a desktop computer. I've been through the MS chat help and LG chat help. I don't know what else to try!

daniielrp

I had the same thing with my SP2 (there's a topic somewhere on here about it).

miniDP to VGA just did not seem to work at all.

HDMI worked fine, but VGA - no go.

Didn't know if it was just cus it was a cheap adapter but gave up on it in the end.

OP
R

Richard Turner

Thanks for this - I know I am not alone here, and I have made some progress. I have now tested the set-up with two different monitors, both Samsung and both with lower resolutions. What worked well with the newer of the two was to find out the resolution (1366 x 768), set the SP to that resolution and then connect the monitor. The surface then sets itself to its proper resolution (2160 x 1440) and both screens look right and work well together.
When I tried this with my LG monitor it still didn't work. This suggests to me that this is a resolution problem so I will go back to the MS chat site and see if I can make more progress under that heading.
Any further comments would be appreciated.