What's new

Sent in my New Surface Pro 128gb for replacement

OP
L

lenny7118

Hey, well that's good news! You know you aren't getting somebody else used unit but your very own Surface back. I guess you don't have to worry anymore.

I won't jump with joy yet. Their system wasn't updated yet with any new information about my surface. It's still the same wording as day one and as far as the online tech chat guy he's just going by a script and telling me it's repaired. Repaired can mean , getting a scratched up used refurbished unit, can mean Brand new ( doubt that ) and can mean that mine was repaired. I sent my surface pro in to MS in Mint condition no marks , no scratches , only 15-20 days old, I expected a new one for exchange and I surely don't want one that's all scratched and marked up and also the screen showing signs of usage.

Sit

I contacted MS tech support again today and was on the chat screen, the MS tech wrote my surface was repaired and would be shipping out today. Nothing about me getting a new surface. Also my serial number still remains the same on that myservice.surface site. As a matter of fact all the info about my surface on that site remains the same. All the details are the same from the date in which they started the process - 3/18/13.

Yes, very good news. Please update your thread when you get your computer. I know I want to know how MS handles it as well as everyone else.

Thanks

OP
L

lenny7118

Yes, very good news. Please update your thread when you get your computer. I know I want to know how MS handles it as well as everyone else.

Thanks

Well last night I spoke to a MS tech on the phone and he said it was shipped but he was wrong as it still hasn't shipped as of today and no updates listed about my surface. I did contact MS today as I stated in another post. I will keep updating.

OP
L

lenny7118

Even though I returned my surface to Best Buy and got a new one 2 weeks ago as well as cancelling my already 2 week old "advanced replacement", I got the shipping notification today that my replacement is on it's way (4.5 weeks later). I'm just going to return it but I'll snap some pics and post what kind of condition its in once it arrives.

Any pictures yet of your replacement ?

OP
L

lenny7118

Thanks

Well MS still shovels the sh&& to it's customers that bought their product. Without the customers MS would fail.
MS tech told me on Monday than on Tuesday that my surface pro was shipped out , But it wasn't. Also they still won't tell me what type of surface I'm getting in exchange ; ie ...refurbished, repaired or new as I wanted a new one and think I am entitled to because my surface is so new , 20 days old in mint condition. MS tech can tell me because it has to be listed on the paperwork.
So my next move is to file a complaint with the FTC , they won't handle my case as an individual but atleast it will be on file.
I'm so pissed off.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Well MS still shovels the sh&& to it's customers that bought their product. Without the customers MS would fail.
MS tech told me on Monday than on Tuesday that my surface pro was shipped out , But it wasn't. Also they still won't tell me what type of surface I'm getting in exchange ; ie ...refurbished, repaired or new as I wanted a new one and think I am entitled to because my surface is so new , 20 days old in mint condition. MS tech can tell me because it has to be listed on the paperwork.
So my next move is to file a complaint with the FTC , they won't handle my case as an individual but atleast it will be on file.
I'm so pissed off.

Don't be. I mean really you are so upset over something you still don't know if it applies to you or not. Granted lack of information sucks and nobody likes to get the run around. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Visualize getting a brand new Surface back from MS. Being upset only does two things 1. is bad for your health and 2. puts out bad vibes. If you believe hard enough that you are going to get a refurb maybe it will come true might as well believe everythign is going to be ok and you will get a new unit. At least that way your blood pressure isn't though the roof and if you end up being upset by the end result it will be no different than how you are feeling now.

Have you seen this going around facebook? Put down the glass of water lenny ;)

A psychologist... | Facebook

OP
L

lenny7118

Don't be. I mean really you are so upset over something you still don't know if it applies to you or not. Granted lack of information sucks and nobody likes to get the run around. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Visualize getting a brand new Surface back from MS. Being upset only does two things 1. is bad for your health and 2. puts out bad vibes. If you believe hard enough that you are going to get a refurb maybe it will come true might as well believe everythign is going to be ok and you will get a new unit. At least that way your blood pressure isn't though the roof and if you end up being upset by the end result it will be no different than how you are feeling now.

Have you seen this going around facebook? Put down the glass of water lenny ;)

A psychologist... | Facebook

The lies and BS still continues, Monday I was told it was shipping out, than on Tuesday I was told the same, nothing yet. I was also told I'd be sent an email with tracking info when it ships but still the same status as when I first started this exchange process with MS. When I call they tell me a bunch of lies... a multi billion dollar company can't even handle customers support and exchanges.
MS should leave building computers to other companies that can make them properly and know how to handle the problems that arise. MS should work on fixing the thousands of surface's that have problems reported by other owners also instead of working on a new OS.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Have you tried asking for a refund? It might be easier that way then you can just go buy a new unit.