What's new

September Patch Tuesday - No WiFi Fix for SP3

wynand32

I haven't had the "no adapter found" error in ages (so long ago that I can't remember when). But, no need to reboot: just go into Device Manager and find new hardware. Works every time (for me, at least), and saves the need to reboot.

ctitanic

I haven't had the "no adapter found" error in ages (so long ago that I can't remember when). But, no need to reboot: just go into Device Manager and find new hardware. Works every time (for me, at least), and saves the need to reboot.
Exactly. I think that probably the only ones with this issue are those with Hyper-V enabled and few others with Apple routers.

dniezby

I must have something different on my system as I don't have any WIFI problems. The only problem I have is that I want more hot spots. LOL. I do take that back, I do have a problem with WIFI dropping when the signal is weak but NEVER when I'm actually in range of the Hotspots or my home network.

jbowden

I am seeing no improvements in AC speeds. I am still only able to pull speeds that are in the N spectrum. At this point it appears MS cannot fix the wireless adapter. Or maybe they are still holding back on power?

mcsenerd

Exactly. I think that probably the only ones with this issue are those with Hyper-V enabled and few others with Apple routers.

Not true... I have never had the Hyper-V role enabled and I still get this on occassion coming out of sleep (even had it happen today after I got home from work).

For me, not the end of the world and a quick trip to device mangler for a hardware rescan typically clears it right up. That being said, this is THEIR hardware and all of the excuses about, "well, look at all the hardware we have to deal with"-crap kinda goes out the window at that point. They seriously need to get it fixed. And no...I'm not wasting my time with an open letter, forum post, or countless hours sitting on a phone with an end result that will no doubt be, "let's refresh your PC ". The OP is right, this is not acceptable at this point. Yes, seriously.

And by the way...I don't have an Apple Router either...it's a Netgear R7000 using the latest stock firmware. All the excuses I hear about how this kinda crud is supposedly "ok", is sort of like pointing out all of the reasons that Janay Palmer should have avoided getting decked by Ray Rice...he still hit her...and MS STILL hasn't "fixed" this...

jmagaram

I am MSDN subscriber, worked at Microsoft for 10 years, etc. Big fan. My wifi sucked on Surface Pro 3 for a very long time. After I disabled Hyper-V my WiFi got a zillion times better. When and while I do Windows Phone development (I've got Visual Studio Professional) I'll re-enable it. When the wifi is broken, I found that clicking the "fix connection problems" button inside IE would reset the WiFi driver and fix it. I'm not sure it got to 100% but was definitely usable after fixing it in that way. Sad that we have to deal with these problems though. Don't know if the new update makes things better/worse yet, since I've still got Hyper-V disabled.

cemian

If you have limited connectivity after hibernation just turn off and on your wifi adapter...or put it into airplane mode and back off....voila you are connected again :)

JimB

WiFi is worsening yet still not working out of hibernation. I tried the older driver with no difference as well. if you try unchecking 'let the computer turn off this device' you get a blue screen after hibernate now. Just great.