What's new

Server error: '550

simrek

Hi, I'm getting a Server error: '550 whenever I send an email out. I can email myself and I can receive OK. I checked my settings and there good and the test account works fine. What am I doing wrong??

malberttoo

GreyFox7 is correct, it usually means there is nothing on the other end to deliver mail to, or something is blocking delivery. Is there anything else in the error?

OP
S

simrek

GreyFox7 is correct, it usually means there is nothing on the other end to deliver mail to, or something is blocking delivery. Is there anything else in the error?
All it says is

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'[email protected]' on 1/18/2015 3:58 PM

Server error: '550 Xxxxxxx@yahoo.com> No such user here'

It's my wife's yahoo email account , so I'm sure of the address.

malberttoo

All it says is

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'[email protected]' on 1/18/2015 3:58 PM

Server error: '550 Xxxxxxx@yahoo.com> No such user here'

It's my wife's yahoo email account , so I'm sure of the address.

Your original post made it sound like ALL emails were having this issue. So it is just the one address?

If so, I'd log into a webmail account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc) and try and send to that email address and see if you still get a bounce back.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you selecting the user from the address book? the address may be corrupted with a non displayable character meaning you cannot see it. try sending a mail and type the address in manually or delete and recreate the address book entry or People entry depending on what your using to send mail with.

OP
S

simrek

I'm using Thunderbird on my PC (which I can't use on this Surface ) and Outlook on this Surface 2.

I just tried emailing by replying to another address and the same error came back immediately. I think that it's something with this Surface2, not the receiver.
Thanks for your help, Paul

Last edited: