What's new

Share your desktop

raqball

Wondering how everyone has their desktop setup. Mine is simple and clean.

Share away :)

Screenshot_2.png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am an Earth scientist, and bring my work home, in the form of desktops.
Also, I share my tiles, too. Part of having an organized desktop, is having other programs and apps readily available and organized behind the scenes. Grandkids like to help themselves to the games.

I change desktops about every day. Today, the natural "rainbow" rocks of the Zhangye Danxia formation, China.
Yes, the color is real.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
And this is the Painted Hills near Bend, Oregon, USA. Photo credit a friend, Mark DeJohn, catching the rocks right after a rain wets them down and feeds some fresh short grass, under a partly cloudy sky, with the right angle for contrast and color.

Screenshot (4).png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a tip regarding starting your own collection of backgrounds. "Wallpaper", as it used to be termed, mostly went out of style with the advent of Windows Vista, 7, XP. They are back on spectacular resolution screens, such as the Surface. And particular attention is paid to backgrounds on touch screens.
Rediscover and Collect Desktop Backgrounds | Microsoft Surface Forums

Also, a tool I've created for desktop image fans:
HowTo - Get My Back - How To Retrieve Current Windows Desktop Background | Microsoft Surface Forums

CrippsCorner

That last one is gorgeous!

I tend to get most of my wallpapers from 4chan... it's about the only sub-forum I can bear to go into these days :confused: