What's new

Sharing my opinion on Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

Beautiful. I haven't tried mine as a mirror yet. I must admit that I do leave it off when cleaning the screen because that's the only way I can see the smudges & finger prints. I wouldn't be surprised though if things looked distorted using it as a mirror. I think they follow a different set of rules for making mirrors than the screen on the Surfaces.

I do remember something about a plan to use the SP3 in the optics for the upcoming Hubble telescope replacement. I guess this means that plan goes out the window...

ruinah

So OP is butthurt over spending $2,000 on something that didn't meet expectations. RETURN IT. There's plenty of us here who don't have your issues seeing themselves in a mirror and believe this is a very nice flagship device of good quality. Sure, there are always manufacturing defects but it affects all manufacturers not just Microsoft. My SP3 is what I have been looking for the past few years and meets my needs and then some. In some aspects it has changed the way that I do business. Return it, get a different laptop or tablet, and get on with life. I don't think you'll find a ton of sympathizers on a forum like this.

ptrkhh

I have no idea why people here are *quite* rude to the OP.
Sure, s/hes not complaining about the issue that's bugging the majority of us, but guess what, everybody has different expectations. For example, I wont even bother to return the device if the camera failed (NSA LOL), but I would return it immediately if the battery life turns out to be less than 75% of whats advertised (I got 8-9 hours on mine, thankfully). Everybody has different standards. Maybe the OP doesn't care about the yellow hue that you guys are complaining about, but s/he wants a perfectly flat glass. Whats wrong with that?

And SP3's glass isn't particularly durable either, lots of people got their SP3 cracked within a few days just so you know.

VickiFL

Despite the problems I have had with my SP3, I still love it. It's so powerful, and portable. A tablet that runs full Windows is just what I've been needing for a long time!

wynand32

For me, it's the general tone of the OP that bugs me. It's one thing to complain about a specific aspect of a product, it's yet another to disparage the product in general and the manufacturer--particularly for something a little bizarre like how clearly the screen reflects light when turned off. Why does this bother me? I don't know, perhaps it shouldn't; after all, it's not my money and the OP's opinion doesn't impact my SP3 ownership one wit.

I suppose it's that people visit forums looking for information before buying a product. I want more people to buy the SP3 so that the product line remains viable. Thus, negative posts like this that aren't constructive (and, again, are a tad bizarre) could tend to turn people off of the product for no good reason and run counter to my interest. So, call it frustration, maybe?

kundas1

Sure, s/hes not complaining about the issue that's bugging the majority of us, but guess what, everybody has different expectations. For example, I wont even bother to return the device if the camera failed (NSA LOL), but I would return it immediately if the battery life turns out to be less than 75% of whats advertised (I got 8-9 hours on mine, thankfully). Everybody has different standards. Maybe the OP doesn't care about the yellow hue that you guys are complaining about, but s/he wants a perfectly flat glass. Whats wrong with that?

And SP3's glass isn't particularly durable either, lots of people got their SP3 cracked within a few days just so you know.

because what he's/she's complaining about isn't a defect! it has been posted above why the SP3 screen APPEARS to have a distortion, and quit honestly it sounds ridiculous of his reason...

grumpy

because what he's/she's complaining about isn't a defect! it has been posted above why the SP3 screen APPEARS to have a distortion, and quit honestly it sounds ridiculous of his reason...

So, this is normal...
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hey @grumpy,

Looks like you either need a new Surface Pro 3, or a new camera.
Or both. :)

Lens universal focus usually comes with universal lens distortion.

Taken with iPhone 6 Plus.
Stickerboy edges getting a little ratty, but the SP3 underneath is fine.

not_distorted.JPG

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
A picture from the OP would have been most helpful.
Here is a reflection from my SP3.. Nice straight lines. Brushing my teeth into it right now.

reflection.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.