What's new

Side swiping acting up

Gary.M

Hi, I have noticed an issue these past few days whereby in order to swipe from the right to reveal the charms menu I have to do it either from the top right or bottom right whereas previously anywhere on the right would reveal the charms. The same with swiping from left to show other apps/windows running - it is now very tricky to do this as I have to swipe down diagonally from the top left. Previously I only had to swipe from anywhere on the left edge of the screen. Also, ever since I had my sp3 to drag down from the top to shut down an app has worked fine except for the mail app.

Does anyone else experience this and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance

bluegrass

If your using a mouse, you need to go to the corners for the charm menu. The fingers should still work anywhere on the right side for the charm menu.

bluegrass

There are a couple check boxes in Taskbar & Navigation properties that you may want to experiment with. You right click on the taskbar, choose properties, & than select the Navigation tab. There are a couple check boxes that you might want to uncheck and see if that helps. Mine or both checked but they only seem to affect the mouse and not the finger.

kundas1

also make sure your screen is clean and not greasy finger marks as that can wreak havoc with the touch sensors! ;)

OP
G

Gary.M

also make sure your screen is clean and not greasy finger marks as that can wreak havoc with the touch sensors! ;)
The screen is clean and touch works fine everywhere else. Strangely using the pen to accomplish the above tasks still works flawlessly, so not sure what the problem is o_O

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Quick question....did you Calibrate the Touch Screen from the Desktop Control Panel? If so Reset and re-try....

upload_2014-9-26_12-0-8.png