What's new

Sign in problems

Steve Kidd

`after i put in password, the screen goes black and after i turn it back on it says "locked" under user name. what do i do to get signed in?

malberttoo

`after i put in password, the screen goes black and after i turn it back on it says "locked" under user name. what do i do to get signed in?

Welcome to the forum!

That just keeps happening, over and over? You put in your password, it goes blank and stays that way, then you have to kill and reboot it, and then the same thing happens again?

OP
S

Steve Kidd

yes...i put password in, screen goes black. i hit the on/off button to turn it off and then back on, and when it came back up it said "locked" under username. i just bought this thing and after set up, i try to download open office and then a screen came up saying malware, then it prompted me to buy virus protection. But i never got a chance too before it froze up, so i took it by best buy and they said i had to refresh the windows. But now i cant even log in.

OP
S

Steve Kidd

another question...i can get to the task manager from the lock screen and i noticed that some of the programs are not running. is that common?