What's new

Solved Sign signature field using pen (not annotation)

MrPeanut

I was wondering if it's possible to sign a PDF's signature field in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (or any app, for that matter) using the Surface Pro 3 and its pen. I don't mean just annotating my signature; I mean a digital signature field.

Right now, we are using an ePad LS with their IntegriSign software which includes an Acrobat plug-in for signing signature fields.

I was hoping to eventually replace the ePad with Surface Pro 3s, but I can't seem to find a way to sign those signature fields. I can annotate on the pdf, but there are differences in that vs. a digital signature field.

Does anyone have a way to sign a signature field using the Surface Pro 3 (and pen)?

OP
M

MrPeanut

I can't seem to figure out how to sign the digital signature field using FoxIt Reader. In the "Manage digital signatures" pane, I see the unsigned signature field listed on page 1. However, when I click the field, nothing happens.

I see where I can create and add a "signature," but that appears to just be an annotation. It does not actually "complete" or fill in the digital signature field. For example, when I create and add a "signature" (under Protect > PDF Sign), the digital signature field in the pane still shows as unsigned.

@leeshor or @ScottyS — are either of you signing digital signature fields with your pen in FoxIt Reader?

leeshor

I have a contracting customer doing it in the field, but I don't remember off the top of my head how. I know it wasn't with the signature tool. I think it was was with the typewriter tool but I'm not positive.

ScottyS

In the "Manage digital signatures" click Create (or pick Create Signature from PDF Sign menu item).
In the Create Signature dialog box change the drop down list from Import File to Draw Signature.
Then click the Draw button and a box opens where you can draw and then save that signature. You can even password protect it's use.

These let you drop a signature on to a sign field, either one you drew or from a file. You can also use the pencil tool under Comment to sign with the pen right on the document.