What's new

Sitting on an SP3

madtablet

My daughter sat on my SP3 while the stand was out. It's useable but warped :(

If anyone is wondering about those black marks on the edge underneath the stand, they're not actually scratches. There are two plastic tabs with black tops that I had to reinsert after taking the screws off the hinges. The black must somehow rub off on the edge when the tabs bend with the stand.

Anyway I don't have accident cover so stuck with it.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it adds weight, but not 'too much', in my opinion. Easy to pop on or off, if needed.

Dblkk

Are you sure it's not too heavey, more than a half pound.

Its probably just about or over 1/2 pound. I have one on my SP3, and it feels about as thick and heavy as my SP1. You wont really notice the difference after a week or so. Its well worth it in my opinion, added size/weight of case. It adds great comfort and grip while holding in palm of left hand and operating in your right hand. I travel to customer sites for troubleshooting/repair/install/retrofit on a daily basis, and my surface holds all blueprints, manuals, notes I take, customer info, as well as all my seimens Rockwell delta ect plc programming software. And this case turns my slim/light sp3 into a thick/tough pen input PC tablet. I believe Panasonic has an actual version made for what I need, which is just like sp3 in this case only even more tough. But they want way to much, weaker than my sp3 and like double the price.