What's new

Sketchable now has layers and lots of new enhancements!

adrians

A new release of this app includes layers, and a whole bunch of new features. Check it out - this app really shines because it uses GPU acceleration and it's so snappy. I'm not affiliated with Silicon Benders, btw - just spamming here and the other Surface hangouts cause this is a really cool, overlooked app.

It really bothers me that this program doesn't appear under the Digital Artist collection in the MS store for some SP3 users (like me, for example) meaning that it's not getting as much exposure as it should. You have to search for "Sketchable" to find it. The author says that he sees it in this collection using his SP3, but says that depending on locale, it might be hidden from certain users.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found it it's listed under Entertainment. Perhaps the description is the cause.
"Sketchable provides the best creative digital journaling experience on the market."
I wouldn't assume its a drawing app from that.

The key word may be "Journaling" as a related app mentions Diary.

Perhaps they should pack the description with keywords like Draw, sketch, paint, art, photo, ... ...

Maybe some reviews from members here can help it get discovered and correctly placed ... IDK but it does seem to be incorrectly categorized.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
One thing to add is that this App is Freeium (Free for basic functions - need to pay for more advanced tools).

OP
A

adrians

The category for Sketchable is Entertainment, but Fresh Paint is also in that category and it does appear in the Digital Artist collection. IMO, it's more important for an app to appear in a collection than it is to be categorized with a keyword. The collections appear to be curated selections and you would think that any exemplary apps in a certain domain should appear in the respective collections.