Skin for Spur back

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by madde90, Oct 9, 2014.

1. madde90

madde90 New Member

Heyhoooo,
    Next week I'm going to buy sp3 i5 with touch cover but I'm really scared of any scratches on the back of my devices.

So my brother had a really good idea: make a skin with those who are used for cars to protect their paint of scratches.

Did anyone know if it works ? I know it sticks on windows or cars without any gluten but on the back of sp3 back?

Thanks mattes

2. mikejg

mikejg New Member

There is at least one company, icarbons.com, making pre-cut skins for the Surface 3. They use the same high quality material as often used on cars, 3M DI-NOC. And you can get black carbon fibre, and several other patterns. I decided not to get one so I can't tell you more than that.

3. ipaq_101

ipaq_101 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    stickerboy.net

4. enthuz

enthuz Member

stickerboy doesn't list any for the Surface Pro 3. However iCarbon has a few good looking choices.

5. wookiee2cu

wookiee2cu Member

Yes they do: http://www.stickerboy.net/pages/microsoft-surface-pro-3-skin-series . They've had them for a few months now, I got the I got the Metal Series Brushed Aluminum. It's pretty nice, has a little bit of texture to you and when you remove it there's no residue.

6. enthuz

enthuz Member

Thanks for the direct link. It took awhile to resolve, but finally loaded. Funny thing is I had that skin in the demo video for my Asus. I took it off when I gave it to DW. I now have added more options to choose from. I have a lot of decision to make quickly.

7. enthuz

enthuz Member

I just ran across DecalGirl where they have 1,599 skins or you can create your own.

8. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Stickerboy and decalgirl both most assuredly make skins for the SP3. DecalGirl has a huge variety.