What's new

Skin for Spur back

madde90

Heyhoooo,
Next week I'm going to buy sp3 i5 with touch cover but I'm really scared of any scratches on the back of my devices.

So my brother had a really good idea: make a skin with those who are used for cars to protect their paint of scratches.

Did anyone know if it works ? I know it sticks on windows or cars without any gluten but on the back of sp3 back?

Thanks mattes

mikejg

There is at least one company, icarbons.com, making pre-cut skins for the Surface 3. They use the same high quality material as often used on cars, 3M DI-NOC. And you can get black carbon fibre, and several other patterns. I decided not to get one so I can't tell you more than that.

enthuz

Yes they do: http://www.stickerboy.net/pages/microsoft-surface-pro-3-skin-series . They've had them for a few months now, I got the I got the Metal Series Brushed Aluminum. It's pretty nice, has a little bit of texture to you and when you remove it there's no residue.

Thanks for the direct link. It took awhile to resolve, but finally loaded. Funny thing is I had that skin in the demo video for my Asus. I took it off when I gave it to DW. I now have added more options to choose from. I have a lot of decision to make quickly.