What's new

Skipped Ink strokes - OneNote ?

Sven

Hi all

Something has bugged me since upgrading to Windows 10, and a clean install to the SP3 Windows 10 recovery image has not solved this.

In OneNote (Desktop 2013 or 2016, and the modern app) every so often I get what I can only describe as a "skipped" ink stroke.

ie. cross the t and the cross doesn't show, dot the "i" and the dot is missing, and so forth, the occasional missing end to a "g" or a "h" that looks like an "n" because the downstroke didn't resigter.

I'm bald, so have no more hair left to pull out.

When you make notes and write fast, the missed strokes all add up to a pretty poor inking experience.

Anybody else experienced this and if so know of a fix ?

Did not happen with Windows 8.1

Well done MS. Definitely moving forward here .... /sarcasm.

Repairing pen makes no difference. Installing newer Wintab drivers no difference.

BillJ

MS is aware of some bugs with Win 10 and OneNote 2016; I have the problem of portions of my inking just simply "disappearing" randomly. I have not seen this with OneNote MUI. The MS OneNote team is going to report on the status of the bug fix by the end of this week, according to a source on the MS Community Forum. In the meantime, I have had to resort to workarounds (aargh...)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
MS is aware of some bugs with Win 10 and OneNote 2016; I have the problem of portions of my inking just simply "disappearing" randomly. I have not seen this with OneNote MUI. The MS OneNote team is going to report on the status of the bug fix by the end of this week, according to a source on the MS Community Forum. In the meantime, I have had to resort to workarounds (aargh...)

This is the same with 2013 as well. And has been for alomost 12 months now. It's pretty amazing g that in a year they are still unable to fix one of the core features of the surface. Inking and onenote. MUI OneNote is fine as uses a different inking Api to the desktop software.

It's pretty annoying.. and pretty pathetic. But then the entire Windows 10 launch has been pretty pathetic. Whoever mandated the launch date should be sacked. Beta testing was for the insiders, not the general public!

OP
S

Sven

I wish I had hair to pull out. Crazy bug this. What happened to "it just works".

Wait. That's not MS.

OP
S

Sven

Here's the problem I have - I really hate it. (never saw this under windows 8.1)

surface%20pen%20missing%20ink%20strokes.png