What's new

SkyDrive voucher

ClientDev

Hi guys!

Surface 2 and SP2 both come with a Sky-/OneDrive voucher for 200GB for 2 years.
It says: "Offer must be redeemed within 90 days of the original purchase, and no later than Dec 31st, 2014."

Does Microsoft really validate, if my purchase was within those 90 days?

I already have a running Skydrive subscription and don't need the additional space right now. So I plan to use the offer as late as possible.

Or is there really the danger, that the code is not valid by the end of the year anymore?

cheers, Thomas

benjitek

It depends -- if you're current subscription is a 2-year Surface purchase coupon, adding another coupon number extends it another 2 years. If it's some other subscription, call the Microsoft Store for clarification. If you've registered your SP or SP2, then redeeming the coupon outside the window could be an issue -- the Microsoft Store could provide you with a definitive answer, have you already tried asking them?

OP
C

ClientDev

Thank you for your answer! Indeed, I have two Surface vouchers (S2 & SP2) - so your answer is very helpful for me!

No, I haven't asked the MS Store yet. In the last weeks, the Online store agents here in Europe (either on phone or chat) have not been very helpful. (To say it in a polite way.)

tarrant64

They will validate your purchase date in the case that you lose your codes and call them for a new one so you can redeem. They will ask for proof of purchase, etc and then give you a code. I know this because my sister purchased a surface 2 and lost her paper with the code. She didnt know about the deal at the time of purchase. She was also within 90 days.

If you have the code it may just be valid until the end of the year. cant say what happens there.

oion

I don't know about the purchase date check, but it'd be easy for MS to automate code expirations per the "Dec 31st, 2014" date, so any voucher produced in that expiry batch would be automatically invalid if you tried to enter it after the date.

You can try asking on the official MS Answer boards too, especially if the voucher is "cumulative" on top of an existing subscription.