What's new

Sleep behavior for Surface Pro

OP
K

krypticide

I played with the Pro demo units today at the Microsoft store. I'm wondering if it's a demo related issue, but I noticed that closing the touch cover didn't sleep the device. The power button wouldn't sleep it either. I had to go to the power menu and manually hit sleep. Then, pressing the button, it would wake up after about a second or so.

I'm hoping this behavior is because it was a demo unit, as I would think that closing the cover means the tablet would sleep.

ArnoldC

I played with the Pro demo units today at the Microsoft store. I'm wondering if it's a demo related issue, but I noticed that closing the touch cover didn't sleep the device. The power button wouldn't sleep it either. I had to go to the power menu and manually hit sleep. Then, pressing the button, it would wake up after about a second or so.

I'm hoping this behavior is because it was a demo unit, as I would think that closing the cover means the tablet would sleep.

Did you check the Power Settings? Aka, what will happen if I close the cover, what will happen if if press the Power button options.

OP
K

krypticide

Yes, I did actually, but there was nothing that seemed off about the options.

Wonder if it's because the software they were using was custom firmware, which makes it difficult to turn them off.